Child Sexual Exploitation
Following recent research in to the scale of Child Sexual Exploitation, the government has published its Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation Action Plan
Child Sexual Exploitation can happen to anyone’s child. Despite reports recently in the news of some high profile cases, it is often not recognised and not reported.
If you are concerned that a Halton child or young person is at risk of sexual exploitation, contact:
- 0151 907 8305 (Office Hours Mon – Thurs, 9am – 5pm and 9am – 4.30pm Fri)
- 0345 050 0148 (Outside Office Hours and throughout Weekends)
- CSE Z-Card – CSE Safeguarding Practitioner Guide
- Pan Cheshire CSE Leaflets and Posters – CSE Teenage Posters, CSE Teenagers information card
- Parents and Carers Child Sexual Exploitation Advice and Guidance
- https://keepthemsafe.safeguardingchildrenea.co.uk/ – free e-learning for parents and carers that explains how to identify the signs of CSE and protect children. This course has been designed by Parents against Child Sexual Exploitation (Pace)
Pan-Cheshire approach to tackling Child Sexual Exploitation.
- Information Sharing Form relating to Children at Risk of Sexual Exploitation
- Pan Cheshire CSE Screening tool
- Pan Cheshire Screening Tool Guidance
- “If Only Someone Had Listened” – OCC Inquiry into CSE in Gangs and Groups
- “It’s Wrong…but you get used to it”
- “Sex without consent, I suppose that is rape”: How young people in England understand sexual consent
- Puppet on a String
- Out of Mind Out of Sight
- What’s going on to Safeguard Children and Young People from Sexual Exploitation?
- Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation Action Plan
- Step by Step Guide for Practitioners
- NHS Advice for Healthcare Staff
Cut Them Free Campaign
Barnardo’s has launched a campaign to stop children being exploited for sex. Halton Borough Council has pledged their support to the “Cut them free” campaign. Please use the link below to find useful resources to learn more about spotting the signs of Child Sexual Exploitation, and keeping children and young people safe from this form of abuse.