Information & Resources
- Harmful Practices Leaflet
- Halton Assessment Tool Kit and Screening Tools
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) improves the lives of people of all ages by co-producing, sharing, and supporting the use of the best available knowledge and evidence about what works in social care and social work.
HCYPSP Multi-Agency Audit
- Professional Learning Conversation (PLC) Prompt Sheet
- Multi-Agency Audit (MAA) Facilitator’s Summary Sheet
- Action Alert Form
- Feedback and Evaluation Form
HSCB Referral Flowchart
A flowchart that shows what to do if you have a concern about a child’s welfare.
Halton Practitioner Guide
A pocket sized guide for practitioners with prompts, flowchart and contact details of what to do if you have a safeguarding concern about a child.
Public Alerter Card
A card for the public with contact details of what to do if they have a safeguarding concern about a child.
CSE Practitioner Guide:
Child Sexual Exploitation: Quick Guide for Practitioners
A Pocket size guide for practitioners with prompts to recognise possible signs of child sexual exploitation and contact details to raise concerns.
Relational Safeguarding Model: Best Practice in Working with Families Affected by CSE
Further information about private fostering can be found at: www.halton.gov.uk/privatefostering.
Children Missing Education: Information for Professionals
A pocket sized guide for practitioners with prompts and contact details of what to do if you identify a child missing education.
Elective Home Education: Information for Professionals
This leaflet outlines requirements in relation to educating a child at home, and what to do if a practitioner identifies a child being educated at home.
HSCB Safeguarding Information Briefings
Halton Safeguarding children Board Annual Report
All LSCBs are required to publish an annual Report on the effectiveness of safeguarding in the local area.
- Halton Safeguarding Childrens Board Annual Report 2018-19
- Halton Safeguarding Childrens Board Annual Report 2017-18
- Halton Safeguarding Childrens Board Annual Report 2016-17
- Halton Safeguarding Childrens Board Annual Report 2015-16
- Halton Safeguarding Children Board Annual Report 2014 – 2015
- Halton Safeguarding Children Board Annual Report 2013-14
- HSCB Annual Report 2012-13
- HSCB Annual Report 2011-12
- HSCB Annual Report 2010-11
- HSCB Annual Report 2009-2010
- HSCB Annual Report 2008-09 & Business Plan-2009-10
- HSCB Annual Report 2007-2008 and Business Plan 2008-2009
- HSCB Annual Report 2006-07 & Business plan-2007-09
Halton Safeguarding Children Unit Annual Reports
Halton Safeguarding Children Unit Annual Report provides information on the work of the Child Protection Chair and Independent Reviewing Managers.
- Safeguarding Unit Annual Report 2012-13
- Safeguarding Unit Annual Report 2013-14
- Independent Reviewing Managers Annual Report 2013-14
Multi-Agency Integrated Contact and Referral Team
If you are a practitioner who has a concern about the welfare and safety of a child which you feel necessitates a contact or referral to Children’s Social Care please contact the Contact Centre on 0151 907 8305 who will then direct you to the Integrated Contact and Referral Team (ICART)
Child Protection Conference Report Templates
Template reports for schools and GP’s to be completed for Initial and Review Child Protection Conferences. Completed reports should be returned to [email protected]
Information Hub on offenders’ families with children for professionals (i-HOP)
i-HOP provides a national one-stop information and advice service for all professionals working with children and families of offenders. i-HOP is a web-based knowledge hub supported by a telephone helpline, that brings together up to date resources, including: research, support service details, practice examples, policy frameworks, events and training programmes.
- Free professionals’ helpline: 0808 802 2013 (Mon-Fr, 9am – 5pm)